plants. gardens. friends.

digthedirt is about gardening, outdoor living and loving our planet!

learn more »

Winter Squash and Pumpkins: Cucurbita maxima, 'Libra'

Botanical name: Cucurbita maxima, 'Libra'

Common name: winter squash

Average rating: 0

It's not yet rated

What's your rating?

Planted
1
time

Photo credit: Seeds of Change
Winter Squash and Pumpkins: Cucurbita maxima, 'Libra'
Sprite
created by:
Seeds of Change

,

at a glance

Soil: damp, neutral, loam
Sun:
  
Zones: 1a thru 11a
Care:
average
Lifespan:
annual
Category:   
Attributes:

edible

go to full stats and tell us your opinion »

description for "Winter Squash and Pumpkins: Cucurbita maxima, 'Libra'"

Cucurbita maxima 'Libra' is a cross between Hokkaido and Buttercup. This vigorous mix of 2 different color and seed types bears fruit with consistent size and shape. 85% have dark-green skin with white markings, while the other 15% are slate gray-green. 'Libra' has superb eating quality.

   You must login to vote!

Advertisement